The NDIS releases new NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits every financial year (1 July-30 June) to reflect the new market cost of services.
These prices are an upper limit, so if you are able to negotiate a cheaper price with your provider, that means you will be able to get more out of your allocated funding.
The NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits (previously known as the ‘Price Guide’) contains lots of useful information about what you may be able to claim through your NDIS funding and under what category you can claim it.
- NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits – Effective 1 January 2022
- SDA Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits 2021-22 (previously the ‘Price Guide for Specialist Disability Accommodation’) – Effective 20 September 2021
How the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits can affect you as a participant
The good news is, there are a few steps that you can take to avoid price shock or a budget blow out:
1. Assume your service providers are reviewing their prices and the way they charge.
If you haven’t heard from your providers already, you can contact and tell them you expect to be informed of any price changes, and asked to approve any new charges. To help you out, we’ve prepared this conversation flow to use as a guide.
If you have questions about the price changes, you can ask a coach inside Kinora, our free online community.
2. You can contact the NDIS for a plan review if you do not have sufficient funding to cover your reasonable and necessary supports.
If you’re unsure how to do this, jump onto Kinora.
3. Use the My Plan Manager client portal to stay up to date with your budget, and claims that have been processed.
Of course, we are always here to help you too, so reach out to us here if you have any questions.