A lot of people think that a plan manager holds cash and releases funds directly to participants and providers for items approved by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). But this isn’t true.
At My Plan Manager, we follow a specific process to get invoices and reimbursements paid – a process that protects our clients, as well as providers, us, and the Scheme.
Here’s how it works:
- A provider sends us their invoice, or a client sends us a receipt for reimbursement.
- We review the claim to ensure it meets our invoice requirements and aligns with our client’s NDIS plan.
Our technology is the most sophisticated in the sector and allows 32 checks (and counting) to be completed on every invoice – providing confidence that our clients’ finances are in safe hands.
It also allows us to scrutinise every invoice to make sure providers are charging the rates set out in the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits – if they are, we can process the claim.
We also verify the services our clients are invoiced for and make sure they’re being claimed against the correct budgets.
- We submit the claim to the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
- The claim will either meet the NDIA’s validation rules or it won’t (it’s not manually reviewed).
- If the claim meets the NDIA’s validation rules, the NDIA will release the funds to us. We’ll then make the payment to you on our client’s behalf or pay our client their reimbursement.
- We make a record of each payment, so it’s reflected in our client’s plan budget, and they can see it at any time in our client portal and mobile app – and in their monthly budget report too.
Our client portal and mobile app are great for helping clients to keep track of their plan budgets and our provider portal is perfect for streamlining invoicing for you too.
Don’t have access to the provider portal? Contact us and we’ll happily assist. You can email us at [email protected] or call us on 1800 861 272 from 8am-6pm (SA time), Monday to Friday.